November 4, 2016
- Open enrollment for the individual marketplace begins on November 1st, 2016 and ends on Jan 31st, 2017. During this time, consumers can select a new plan, renew their existing coverage, or change plans. It’s also a good time to review their application and report any changes in income or household size. The individual marketplaces for Washington and Idaho are the Washington Healthplanfinder (wahealthplanfinder.org) and Your Health Idaho (www.yourhealthidaho.org). Both sites are where individuals can purchase health plans and see if they qualify for free or low-cost health insurance.
- At CHAS Health, all of our Patient Services Coordinators are available to help patients and community members to apply and enroll in Medicaid or Qualified Health Plans. Every CHAS Health PRC is a certified navigator in the Washington Healthplanfinder; the PRCs at Spokane Valley CHAS Health, Spokane Urgent Care – Valley, Lewis and Clark Health Center, and Latah Community Health are also certified Enrollment Counselors for Your Health Idaho. This means that they provide free, unbiased assistance to help consumers understand their options for health coverage to get covered and stay covered. To see a PRC, call 509.444.8200 to schedule an appointment or walk in to any CHAS Health location. For a list of information to bring with you to your appointment, click here. You don’t have to be a patient at CHAS to see one of our Patient Services Coordinators. We welcome everyone!
- New for 2017! WA Healthplanfinder is offering adult dental plans. One of the biggest disappointments for many Washington consumers over the last few years was the fact that the Qualified Health Plans offered on the WA Healthplanfinder did not provide dental coverage for adults. This year, adults will have the option to purchase an adult or family dental plan from Delta Dental, Dentegra, or Dental Health Services. An adult must purchase a health plan to also purchase a dental plan. Premium tax credits can only be applied to the health plan. Adult dental premiums range from approximately $19-$39 per month.
- Washington Healthplanfinder saw lower increases related to average premium and deductible increases from 2016 to 2017 than the national marketplace. Pat MacEwan, CEO of the Washington Health Benefit Exchange, said in a recent news release, “in contrast to much of the country, the Washington individual insurance market is competitive and healthy. Customers in Washington will find a choice of plans and carriers on the Exchange.” The amount of carriers offering health plans in the exchange has helped to create competition and keep prices low. While the national average for the second lowest cost silver plan increased 25%, Washington experienced an average increase of only 8%. Consumers in Washington will continue to have many affordable choices when it comes to choosing the health insurance that fits their individual needs. Read the full news release from Washington Health Benefit Exchange here.
- Enrollment in Medicaid programs is open all year, but ‘tis the season for WA Apple Health renewals! There are no open enrollment periods for Medicaid in Washington or Idaho so residents of either state can apply for Medicaid medical coverage at any time during the year. However, in Washington, many Apple Health (Medicaid) members will need to renew their coverage over the next few months. Apple Health renewals can be completed 1) online at wahealthplanfinder.org, 2) by calling WA Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633, 3) by paper, or 4) by seeing a certified navigator in the community. At CHAS, our Patient Service Coordinators are ready to help you with your Apple Health renewals. To see a PRC at CHAS, call 509-444-8200 to schedule an appointment or walk in to any CHAS Health location.
Happy Open Enrollment!
Patient Services Administrator
Get covered. Stay Covered. Come see a CHAS Patient Services Coordinator today.