Health Insurance Enrollment Help
The CHAS Health Patient Resources Coordinators (PRCs) help enroll patients in insurance plans, navigate resources in the community, and educate patients about the services that CHAS Health offers.
We can help you browse Medicaid options and Qualified Health Plans to find a fit that works best for you and your family. This includes Washington Apple Health, Idaho Medicaid, Washington Healthplanfinder, and Your Health Idaho.
- Medicaid is a state and federal assistance program that helps provide health coverage for low-income people of every age. There is no open enrollment period for Medicaid, you can enroll at any time.
- Qualified Health Plan is an insurance plan offered on the states’ health insurance marketplace and meets Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements such as coverage of essential health benefits.
PRCs can help you apply for CHAS Health’s Sliding Fee Discount Program, which can reduce the cost of your care. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply for the Sliding Fee Discount Program, regardless if you have insurance or not.
PRCs are available over the phone or in-person at any of our clinic locations. Give us a call at 509.444.8200
Qualified Health Plan Special Enrollment Period with extra savings
Under the new American Rescue Plan Act, over half a million Washingtonians can pay less than ever before for their health insurance through Washington Healthplanfinder, making it easier to get covered and stay covered. This new financial help is only available through Washington Healthplanfinder, so even if people have checked before, they should check again. The sooner they act, the more they save. Washingtonians can visit WAhealthplanfinder.org to see lower prices. To take advantage of these new savings, Washingtonians must sign up or switch plans before August 15, 2021.
The new federal savings include:
- A higher-income threshold to receive advanced premium tax credits for 2021 and 2022
- 100% COBRA Subsidy through September 30, 2021
- Unemployment monthly premium assistance, for the whole family, if the patient has received at least one week of unemployment in 2021
CHAS Health Patient Resources Coordinators are certified Navigators through the Washington Healthplanfinder and can help patients explore their options.
Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP)
October 15th – December 7th
The Medicare annual election period runs from October 15th – December 7th. Medicare health and drug plans can sometimes change, and this window allows patients to switch plans or enroll for the upcoming year. CHAS Health’s continuing mission is to improve the overall health of the communities we serve by expanding access to quality health and wellness services. Making sure our community understands health insurance and gets enrolled in the best Medicare plan is key to accomplishing this goal. Visit our Medicare annual election page for informational seminar dates and enrollment assistance.
- Learn more about Medicare annual election including where to find assistance.
Qualified Health Plan Open Enrollment
November 1st 2021 – January 15th, 2022
Open enrollment for Washington and Idaho state benefit exchanges runs from November 1st, 2021 – January 15th, 2022 for coverage that begins on January 1st of the next year. During this time you can see if you qualify for Health Insurance Premium Tax credits and purchase a Qualified Health Plan and/or Qualified Dental Plan, or renew your existing coverage. CHAS Patient Resources Coordinators are certified to help with application completion (WA and ID) and plan selection (WA only). We can refer you to an exchange certified broker as needed.