About the Program
Our Pharmacy Technician on the Job Training Program provides a 1-year hands on experience working in our pharmacies learning the daily tasks of a pharmacy technician. This educational experience also includes preceptor mentorship, educational classes, learning modules, and skills checks.
After completion of the program, the apprentice is eligible to take the PTCB exam. Upon passing, the apprentice will receive their Pharmacy Technician License and will then be transitioned into a Pharmacy Technician Full-Time position and be placed at one of our CHAS clinics.
What does a Pharmacy Technician do?
Data entry, process prescriptions, fill medication, inventory management, collect payments, requests refills on behalf of our patients to providers, answer questions, provide customer service, and other various tasks.
Our Pharmacy Technicians work closely with our Medical, Dental, Behavior Health and other departments within CHAS to provide continuity of care for our patients.
Why CHAS Health?
- This is a unique and exciting opportunity to receive paid training geared toward success as a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician.
- Benefits of full-time employment including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), paid training and ongoing learning opportunities, uniform allowance, and more.
- Be a part of a well-respected organization providing patient-centered care in our community
- Immersive Learning Environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Bubble Packing
- Urgent Care Pharmacy
- Clinic Pharmacy
- Clinical Technician
- Pharmacy Support Supervisor
- 340B Program Specialist
- Pharmacy Operations Specialist
- Pharmacy Compliance Manager
- Clinical Trainer
- Online Application through Careers at chas.org
- Personal Statement (350 words or less)
- Life Impact Statement (350 words or less)
- Short Answer Response (100 words or less for each question)
- Letter of Recommendations (1 Required)