Every patient has the right to receive high quality healthcare in an environment that is respectful, welcoming, and comfortable. Patients are encouraged to provide feedback about their experience, including suggestions for improvement.
- CHAS Health is patient-centered and will treat everyone with respect, dignity and compassion.
- Patient information will be kept confidential and private. Health records will only be released when patient permission is given or in accordance with state and federal laws. Patients may access their record through the patient portal or by written request.
- Patients will be allowed their choice of provider at their convenience, but are encouraged to see their own provider, when possible, to ensure continuity of care.
- Patients shall receive a comprehensive evaluation and care for their health condition. This includes information about diagnoses and treatment options, referrals to other providers, and help coordinating additional care if needed.
- Patients play an important role in their health and wellbeing, and will be involved in decisions about their care. Patients are welcome to ask questions and include family members in their decision-making processes. Access to translation services is available for patients who need language assistance.
- Patients have the right to care that is free from discrimination and may respectfully voice opinions, concerns, positive comments or complaints without repercussion.
- Patients have the right to consent to or refuse treatment.
- Patients may request explanations about the cost of treatment or other services.
- It is expected that patients treat CHAS Health staff, other patients, and property with respect and courtesy.
- Patients are responsible for keeping scheduled appointments or giving at least 4 hours’ notice to change or cancel an appointment.
- Patients will provide accurate health history details, current contact information, and current insurance information, if available.
- Patients shall take an active role in their healthcare by: following directions, asking questions if there is confusion, and notifying the care team of any changes to their health. Additionally, patients shall follow the treatment plan developed with their provider or inform their provider if they are unable or choose not to follow through on the plan.
- Patients will contribute to the costs of service, if possible, by providing current insurance information or by paying directly. CHAS Health offers a sliding fee discount program that can reduce the cost of care.