Every patient has the right to receive high-quality healthcare in an environment that is respectful, welcoming, and comfortable. Patients are encouraged to provide feedback about their experience, including suggestions for improvement.
- CHAS Health is patient-centered and will treat everyone with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Patient information will be kept confidential and private. Health records will only be released when patient permission is given or in accordance with state and federal laws. Patients may access their record through the patient portal or written request.
- Patients are encouraged to see their own provider, when possible, to ensure continuity of care. Patients will be allowed their choice of provider at their convenience.
- Patients shall receive a comprehensive evaluation and care for their health condition. This includes information about diagnoses and treatment options, referral to other providers, and help coordinating additional care if needed.
- Patients play an important role in their health and wellbeing and will be involved in decisions about their care and individualized treatment plans, as applicable. In line with a patient-centered approach of care, CHAS Health patients are encouraged to ask questions, include family members in their decision-making processes and be involved in creating a plan of care that considers the supportive needs identified by the patient.
- Patients have the right to be reasonably accommodated in case of sensory or physical disability, limited ability to communicate, limited-English proficiency, and cultural differences. Access to translation services is available for patients who need language assistance.
- Patients may request a good faith estimate for charges prior to receiving care and explanations about the cost of treatment or other services. Patients will not be refused service based on their ability to pay.
- Patients have the right to consent to or refuse treatment.
- Patients may respectfully voice grievances, opinions, concerns, positive comments, or complaints without repercussion
- CHAS Health will provide services without regard to race, creed, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
- CHAS Health will not promote any religion and will respect a patient’s religious preference as long as the practice does not infringe on the rights and treatment of others or the treatment service.
- Patients have the right to care that is free from discrimination, as provided above, as well as any sexual harassment and exploitation.
- It is expected that patients treat CHAS Health staff, other patients, and property with respect and courtesy.
- Patients are responsible for keeping scheduled appointments or giving at least 4 hours notice to change or cancel an appointment.
- Patients will provide accurate health history details, current contact information, and current insurance information, if available.
- Patients shall take an active role in their healthcare by: following directions, asking questions if there is confusion, and notifying the care team of any changes to their health. Additionally, patients shall follow the treatment plan developed with their provider or inform their provider if they are unable, or choose not, to follow through on the plan.
- Patients will contribute to the costs of service, if possible, by providing current insurance information or by paying directly. CHAS Health offers a sliding fee discount program that can reduce the cost of care.
- CHAS Health is a weapon-free zone and no person other than law enforcement on duty may possess a weapon while on CHAS Health premises.
- Patients may not make recordings or take pictures, except as expressly approved by CHAS Health Administration, while on the CHAS Health premises.