Insurance & Payment
We welcome everyone. Always have, always will.
CHAS Health is a non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) providing high-quality medical, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health services to families and individuals of all ages, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
Below is a list of insurance plans we accept, as well as information about our sliding fee discount program.
- Washington Apple Health, Including Apple Health plans from:
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Coordinated Care Corporation (Foster Care Only)
- Molina Healthcare of Washington
- Idaho Medicaid*
- * Once determined eligible for Idaho Medicaid, you need to choose your Healthy Connections Primary Care Provider (PCP) within 90 days. This provider will be your medical home, understand your health needs, and help you get the care that is right for you. Choose your PCP via livebetteridaho.org or visit your friendly local Patient Services Coordinator who can help you make your selection.
- Original Medicare
- Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Asuris TruAdvantage
- Community Health Plan of Washington Medicare Advantage
- Molina Medicare Options
- PacificSource Medicare Advantage
- Premera Medicare Advantage
- Regence Medicare Advantage
- Tru Blue and Secure Blue (Blue Cross of Idaho)
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage (including AARP Medicare Complete)
CHAS Health is not contracted with Humana Medicare Advantage HMO or Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage plans
Qualified Health Plans
Plans purchased on state health insurance exchanges for Washington and Idaho
- Molina Marketplace
- Mountain Health Co-Op
- Blue Cross of Idaho
CHAS Health is contracted with many private insurance companies. Please contact your insurance company to find out if CHAS Health and/or your provider is in-network.
CHAS Health can see Veterans for primary care with prior authorization through the VA Community Care Network (CCN). Our two Spokane Urgent Care locations can see veterans for urgent care needs without prior authorization.
CHAS Health is not contracted with Kaiser Permanente Core plan
- Medicaid (WA and ID)
- Community Health First Medicare Advantage plan w/ dental
- Delta Dental – PPO and Premier
- DentaQuest – Amerigroup Medicare Advantage Plan ONLY
- Early Intervention Program (EIP)
- Premera Dental (Commercial Plans)
- Regence Dental (Idaho only)
- United Concordia Dental (Tricare/DoD and commercial plan)
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Dental
CHAS Health Sliding Fee Discount Program
The mission of CHAS Health is to provide quality care regardless of your ability to pay. CHAS Health offers a Discount Program to all patients that can reduce the cost of your care. If your household income qualifies, you may receive reduced fees based on your application and proof of income. Household size is the number of individuals inside or outside of the household, including the applicant, who are at least 50% dependent upon the family income being reported on the application.
To Apply for the Sliding Fee Discount Program:
- Visit any CHAS Health clinic location, and see the Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) that can assist you to review insurance options.
- Fill out the CHAS Health’s Sliding Fee Discount Program Application.
- Give CHAS Health proof of your estimated current annual income. Examples of proof of income include:
- Pay stubs, recent tax return, unemployment statements, SSI letter, child support statements, letter from employer, L&I award letter, bank statement, or
- Signed Self-Declaration of income
- Proof of income is required every year to continue to qualify for the Sliding Fee Discount Program. You are encouraged to fill out a new sliding fee application if your household size changes, or your monthly income changes by at least $150 and the change is expected to continue for at least two months.
CHAS Health Patient Services Coordinators (PSCs) are available to help individuals enroll in health insurance and understand their coverage. PSCs are certified navigators for the Washington Health Plan Finder, and enrollment counselors for Your Health Idaho state health insurance marketplaces. PSCs help individuals apply for Medicaid, Qualified Health Plans, and other applicable assistance programs.
If you do not qualify for insurance, are unable to enroll, or if your deductible or co-pay is unaffordable, a PSC will help you apply for our sliding fee discount program. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to apply for the sliding fee discount program.
Schedule an appointment with a PSC today: 509.444.8200