More to Know
Dr. Amanda Oropeza is a family physician who enjoys all aspects of family medicine and welcomes all patients. She provides comprehensive care to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender patients and is happy to serve LGBT and queer patients of all ages.
Other professional interest includes addiction medicine as well as sexual health including Nexplanon, IUD insertion and STI care. Dr. Oropeza works from a place of cultural humanity and continuously strives towards enhancing her cultural responsiveness by learning and growing alongside her patients.
Originally from the East Coast, Dr. Oropeza moved to Sacramento, California for her residency in family medicine. She was based out of Worcester, Massachusetts during her Fellowship in Community Based treatment for HIV and viral Hepatitis. After travelling work, Dr. Oropeza moved to Spokane to be part of the excellent healthcare team at CHAS Health.
- American Board of Family Medicine Certified
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
Areas of Focus
- HIV medicine, Hepatitis B & C medicine
- PrEP Expertise (pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Transgender Health; Hormone Therapy Training
- Addiction medicine including suboxone prescribing
- Bryn Mawr College, BA in Anthropology, 2008
- Jefferson Medical College, MD, 2013
- University of California, Davis Family Medicine Residency, 2016