At CHAS, we want you to be able to take control of your health and get more out of life! And we believe you can do that by understanding more about your health conditions. For that reason, we offer various education for our patients.
Healthy Living Workshops
Our Healthy Living Self-Management Program is designed for those who have chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, depression, heart disease, chronic pain, arthritis, and high blood pressure. This program has been designed to help patients gain self-confidence in their ability to control their symptoms and how their health problems affect their lives. People who are able to self-manage their chronic conditions can have improved health outcomes and see fewer medical costs.
- This program is open to all patients with chronic conditions, and/or their caregivers.
- It is free of charge to patients. CHAS will provide a voucher to cover the costs.
- Many workshops are open to the public, not just CHAS patients.
- The group meets one day per week for 2½ hours for 6 consecutive weeks, at various locations - click here for upcoming workshops.
- For more information or to register, please contact Healthy Living Coordinator, Nancy Ludwick at 509.444.8200 or email email@example.com
Diabetes Learning Sessions
Our Diabetes Learning Sessions are focused on learning about the disease, how it affects the body, and what changes you can make to live a fulfilling life while also living with diabetes.
- Interact with a small group of patients with diabetes
- Learn more about diabetes care from other patients living with diabetes
- Participate in a group discussion led by a provider, diabetes educator, dietitian, pharmacist, or other care provider
- You are encouraged to bring a family member with you
- Insurance generally covers diabetes education; if you are uninsured, please contact us about payment options
- The group meets one day per month for an hour, at various locations - click here for upcoming sessions
- Pre-registration is required; please call 509.444.8200 to register or for more information
Our team can guide you through your journey to a life free of tobacco. Learn how you can become a former tobacco user.
If you attend this class, you get to meet new friends who have the same condition. You get a lot of good ideas on how to deal with your condition."
Answers to your most asked questions...
CHAS can help get you enrolled - or you can do it online...
Come join us! Learn more about living with your chronic condition...