CHAS Health App
The CHAS Health Application, or App, is an easy way to connect with us for many of your healthcare needs. With the CHAS Health app you can:
- Schedule an appointment online
- Launch the video video visit your provider scheduled
- View past and future appointments
- Complete tasks and paperwork prior to your visit
- Connect to the CHAS electronic medical record portal powered by Athena (coming soon)
An email address is required. CHAS Health will send a welcome email with a username, password and instructions for downloading the app.
How The App Works
This short video clip highlights the Apps functionality.
You’ve Scheduled A Video Visit – Now What?
What You’ll Need:
You will use your email address to receive an invitation to the CHAS Health app and website. This must be the same email address that CHAS Health has on file for you.
Android, iPhone, iPad, or Computer with Camera & Microphone
You can download and use the app on your Android or Apple device. You can also use a laptop or desktop computer that has a webcam, microphone, and the Google Chrome browser installed. To access the app from a computer, click on the link in your invitation email.
- Android: Android devices must have an operating system version of 8.0 or higher, and Google Chrome must be set as the device’s default browser.
- Apple: Apple devices must have an operating system version of 10.0 or higher, and must be model iPhone 5 or higher. Apple devices iPad Pro (12.9 inch), iPad Pro (9.7 inch), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini, 3, and iPad Mini 2 are also supported.
- Computer: You can also use a laptop or desktop computer that has a webcam, microphone, and the Google Chrome or Safari browser installed. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge are NOT supported browsers for video calls. To access the app from a computer, click on the link in your invitation email.
You will need a reliable internet connection during your appointment. Data rates may apply if not connected to Wi-Fi. To determine if your Wi-Fi is acceptable for video visits, go to www.bandwidthplace.com and press the Start button to run a speed test. If your download speed is at least 10 Mbps download and upload speed is at least 5 Mbps, your internet connection is acceptable for video visits.
What to Expect After Your Appointment is Scheduled
Check Your Email
You will receive an email from CHAS Health a few minutes after your video visit appointment is scheduled. The email contains an account activation link as well as links to download the iOS and Android app. If you do not receive an appointment email, please check your spam folder.
Set Up Your Account
- Open the CHAS Health email and click on the activation link.
- You will be asked to confirm your phone number (this must match the phone number in your medical record), and create username, password, and security question.
- If setting up your account on a mobile device, use the links in the email to download the CHAS Health app, and log in with the username and password you created.
Join Your Provider
- Open the app or log into https://chashealth.web.my-care-plan.com/login 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Complete the pre-appointment tasks.
- When ready, click on the Clock icon, then the Start video call here button.
- When prompted, Allow access to your camera and microphone.
- You will then be connected to your appointment and your provider will join you shortly.
Video Visits FAQs
- How do I prepare for my video visit? Visit the Video Visits Support Page and make sure you have the CHAS Health App downloaded and set up, and that you have received the appointment link from your clinic. Come prepared with questions for your provider!
- Are video visits secure? Yes, video visits on the CHAS Health App are secure, private, and meet technology requirements for confidential health information. You can trust the privacy of your video visit with your provider. To protect privacy on your side of the video call, make sure to access the video visit from a private location, such as your home.
- Can my child or family member receive care with a video visit? Yes, video visits are appropriate for patients of all ages. From children to adults, we are here for you through all phases of life to help you stay healthy.
- How are video visits protecting health during the pandemic? During the COVID-19 pandemic, CHAS Health has greatly increased our use of video visits because it allows our patients to access medical care while staying socially distanced. Learn more about the COVID-19 pandemic and how CHAS Health is supporting community health during this time.