- What is CHAS Health? CHAS Health is a non-profit federally qualified health center providing quality medical, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health services to families and individuals of all ages, regardless of background, insurance status, or ability to pay.
Who can come to CHAS Health clinics? At CHAS Health, everyone is welcome! No one is turned away, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
What insurances is CHAS Health contracted with? We are contracted with many private insurances. If you have private insurance, you will be responsible for any co-pays required by your insurance plan and any other amounts not reimbursed by them. We are also contracted with: Medicare, Medicaid (including Idaho Medicaid and the following Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) carriers: Amerigroup, Community Health Plan of Washington, Coordinated Care, Molina Healthcare, and United Healthcare).
What if I don't have insurance? If you do not have insurance, we will set up a time for you to meet with a Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) who will help determine whether or not you qualify for insurance, or will establish you on our sliding fee program. With the sliding fee program, we will bill you a flat fee, similar to a co-pay, for each medical visit. The amount of this fee ranges from $25 to $65 and will be based on your household size and income. A similar program is available for dental visits and for services at our Urgent Care.
- What do I do if I have no job and no source of income? We will set up a time for you to meet with a Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) who will help determine whether or not you qualify for insurance, or will establish you on our sliding fee program. If you are not able to provide proof of income for the sliding fee application or if you don’t have income, you can fill out a Self-Declaration of Household Income form.
- Can I bring in an outside prescription and have it filled at CHAS Health? No. We only fill prescriptions written by our providers.
- Is CHAS an urgent care facility? We offer both primary care (which operates with scheduled appointments) and urgent care services (which operates on a walk-in basis).
- Do you offer counseling services? Yes. We offer short-term therapy and counseling for established patients.
- Can anyone come to CHAS Health and get immunized? Anyone can come to CHAS Health and get their flu vaccine! In order to get other vaccinations, you must be an established patient.