About Our Program
CHAS Health is a non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) that provides high-quality medical, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health services to families and individuals of all ages, regardless of ability to pay.
The dental assistant training program is a 1 year (2,000 hour) on-the-job training program facilitated by CHAS Health to train individuals to work as Registered Dental assistants in the state of Washington. Trainees will be employed with CHAS Health full-time while simultaneously completing related coursework, which includes homework assignments and mandatory lab days. Following successful completion of the program, the dental assistant will be transitioned into a regular, full-time position.*
Throughout this program, the trainee will be working hands-on in the dental clinic alongside a coach and team to practice clinical skills. The coach will support and guide the trainee and ensure the mastery of each skill.
In addition to working clinically, there will be 8 lab days, where the instructor will follow an agenda for lectures, reviewing practical skills, help with technique, and answer questions. Homework and lab obligations are unpaid.
Why CHAS Health?
- This is a unique and exciting opportunity to receive paid training geared toward success as a registered dental assistant
- Benefits of full-time employment including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), paid training and ongoing learning opportunities, uniform allowance, and more.
- Be a part of a well-respected organization providing patient-centered care in our community
- immersive learning environment
- Option to work toward DANB certification
- Have fun at work!
- Opportunities for advancement
* There is a 2-year employment commitment with CHAS Health following completion of the program
Hear from one of our recent grads:
Please provide either a template or field name